Information We Obtain
Global X Management Company LLC (“Global X”) may obtain personal information from you through the site, including but not limited to information you provide when you:
- Download marketing or research collateral;
- Contact us with questions or requests for information; or
- Register for our Advisor Login portal
Collection of Information Using Cookies and Other Tools
Global X may use “cookies” or other electronic tools to collect information such as:
- IP address;
- Browser type;
- Operating system;
- Computer platform;
- Information about your mobile device;
- Geo-location data; and
- The state or country from which you accessed the site
- The web pages you visit on the site;
- The date and time of your visit;
- The number of links you click within the site;
- The functions and features you use on the site;
- The searches you request on the site;
- The data you save on or download from the site; and
- The websites you visited immediately before and after visiting our site
A cookie is a small text file placed on your computer. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to disable cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. Likewise, most mobile devices allow you to disable the ability for geo-location information to be collected from your mobile device. However, if you disable cookies or refuse to accept a request to place a cookie, it is possible that some parts of the site, such as certain pages for which you need to log in, will not function properly.
How We Use Your Information
Global X uses the information collected through the site for purposes such as:
- To enhance your experience with the site;
- To provide you with the services or information that you request;
- To communicate with you (e.g., to provide information about products or services in which you have indicated an interest);
- To combat fraud;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provided the information;
- To conduct research and analysis (anonymously and in the aggregate); and
- To provide information promotions to you regarding our products and services
How We Share Your Information
Global X may share your personal information with our affiliates and subsidiaries under narrow circumstances, including but not limited to:
- With our service providers that help us to operate our business (e.g., to deliver the information or services requested by you; to perform other activities related to such information or services; and to provide you with promotions from Global X);
- In connection with any proposed or actual sale or other transfer of some or all assets of Global X, and/or any proposed or actual sale or merger of Global X (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation);
- As otherwise required or permitted by law; and/or
- Any other sharing to which you consent
We may also share your personal information with nonaffiliated third parties, such as Google Analytics, that use technologies such as cookies to help us analyze how visitors use the site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the site. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the site, your information is protected both online and offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
You can unsubscribe or choose not to receive promotional materials from Global X by following the specific instructions in the e-mail or other communication you receive or by e-mailing us at email@example.com. Please note that it may take some time to process your request, consistent with applicable law.
Global X and select employees maintain profiles and/or pages on various social media sites, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn. If you choose to “Follow” Global X on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn or take any similar action on another social media site, you are providing your consent to receive informational updates, including solicitations, from Global X. To stop receiving this information from Global X on a social media site, you must follow the procedure established by the site. For example, on Twitter, you must click “Unfollow” on Global X’s profile page.
The information contained in Global X’s social media profiles and pages is current as of the date of publication (or such earlier date as referenced) and is subject to change without notice. Global X has no obligation to update any or all of such information. Additionally, Global X personnel other than the author(s) may provide oral or written market commentary or investment ideas to Global X’s clients or prospects that differ from the views expressed.
All amounts, market value information, and estimates have been obtained from outside sources where indicated or represent the good faith judgment of Global X. Where such information has been obtained from outside sources, Global X cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness. Past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future results. Global X’s social media profiles and pages are not intended to be an offer or solicitation with respect to the purchase or sale of any security or other financial instrument or any investment management services. They are provided for information purposes only, do not constitute investment advice, and should not be used as the basis for any investment decision. They also do not purport to provide any legal, tax, or accounting advice.
While Global X may monitor postings by third parties on its profiles and pages, Global X is not able to review them before they are displayed, and any such postings are the views and responsibilities of the posters. Global X does reserve the right to edit or remove any post for any reason and to block followers to the extent permitted by the sites. If Global X does not remove a third-party post, it is not an endorsement of the content.
Global X does not provide customer service, conduct financial transactions, or accept customer complaints through its social media profiles and/or pages. Never disclose account or other personal financial information on any of our social media profiles or pages.
Links to Third-party Websites
The site may include links to third-party websites. Since we do not control third-party websites and are not responsible for any information you may provide while on such sites, we encourage you to read the privacy policies on those websites before providing any of your information on such sites.
Carefully consider the funds’ investment objectives, risk factors, charges, and expenses before investing. This and additional information can be found in the funds’ summary or full prospectus, which may be obtained by calling 1-888-GX-FUND-1 (1.888.493.8631), or by visiting globalxfunds.com. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.